Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sniff! Time to get excited

My dog Monty has quite a nose. He loves nothing more than getting low to the ground and having a good sniff. Mind you, he's already rather low, being a Dacshund and all. Very low and very long. It makes me smile to see his enthusiasm for sniffing. His tail starts wagging like crazy and he becomes totally obsessed by a particular scent. He won't respond to my calls.
The decision to start this blog comes from a desire to develop my own sense of passion and enthusiasm. To create something that I care about. I find it daunting - it's unlike me to declare to the world that I'm worth listening to (that's how it feels, regardless of actual readership levels).
I've been inspired by a number of sites I've discovered recently including PRdisasters, Young PR and Forward. I tend to get bored too easily when I'm online. I don't like sitting at the computer, I don't like reading from the screen. But suddenly - after reading a little more about this thing called blogging - I feel like I've been missing out. I've been working in communications/PR type roles since I left uni, but not since I've started really investigating online have I felt so connected to the profession. I want to read the opinions of experienced professionals, I want to keep abreast of change, I want know more about this thing called social media - and I want to contribute.
Hopefully, I can manage to keep up the enthusiasm I have right now, and start sniffing out a few interesting tidbits and ideas to share with you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jo,

Welcome to the big, bad blogosphere!

Great to hear you've been inspired to put yourelf out there. Consider me subscribed, and I look forward to conversations to come.

Oh, and that's a good lookin' dog!